Director of Surgical Services FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Surgical Services FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
EDUCATION: BSN required, MSN preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: RN with NM License, BLS and ACLS issued through American Heart Association required.
SKILLS: Strong leadership skills and previous management experience including experience in facilitating interdisciplinary team collaboration. Evidence of such experience should include:
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve; ability to appropriately confront issues
- Ability to motivate others as individuals and as a team
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and manage the activities of others
- Ability to effectively design and manage projects
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in dealing with physicians on an administrative level and ability to work collaboratively with medical staff members and leadership
- Ability to analyze data and utilize data in a meaningful and useful manner
- Strong knowledge of clinical and financial information systems, charge master, revenue cycle, including quantitative analysis tools, benchmarking tools, and PC applications such as Microsoft and Excel
- Strong nursing knowledge and clinical skills
- Ability to effectively run meetings to negotiate deadlines
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years experience in progressive OR nursing administration or other settings appropriate to this position.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: COO with matrix to CNO
- Bloodborne pathogen- A
Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Subject to stressful professional relationships. Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies. Requires the ability to speak, listen, develop and communicate written materials.