5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Director of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) – Spiritual Care
Mission and Spiritual Care
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) – Spiritual Care Job in Corpus Christi
The Clinical Pastoral Education Director is responsible for the effective leadership and management of the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Center and its students, programs, and processes in accordance with the Mission and Core Values of CHRISTUS Spohn Health System and Standards of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) including recruitment, processing, interviewing and accepting applicants.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Master of Divinity or Masters of Theology.
- Supervisor or Associate Supervisor Certification through the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
- Knowledge of the Standards and practices of ACPE and proven abilities in successfully administering a CPE program.
- Skills in organizing, writing and presenting reports and programs, including CPE student evaluations.
- Talent for establishing effective working relationships with health system Associates, Volunteers, Physicians, community clergy and seminary representatives.
- Provides effective pastoral/spiritual care and mentorship to students in the area.
- Works as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide professional consultation and documentation regarding patient’s spiritual needs and plan of care.
- Three to five years’ experience as a CPE Supervisor and as a chaplain within a healthcare organization preferred.
- Previous Pastoral Care Experience.
- Denominational endorsement.
- Chaplaincy Certification by the NACC, APC, or NAJC.