Director - Laboratory
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director - Laboratory Job in Shreveport
The Director of Laboratory Services is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, evaluating and providing general oversight for all laboratory operations. Provides essential leadership and administrative support to department associates. Ensures standards of care are consistent with System's Mission and all regulatory requirements. Works closely with senior leadership and departmental associates to facilitate the progressive achievement of the department's goals. Promotes the development of associates and process improvement initiatives to maintain quality, cost-effective services and patient, physician and associate satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent degree
- MBA, MHA, or Master's Degree in administration preferred.
- Four years' experience is CLIA defined, high-complexity laboratory required. Minimum two years management experience required.
- Four years clinical experience, five years management experience preferred.
- Multi-hospital system experience may be preferred in some regions
- Medical Technologist, Histotechnologist certification or equivalent.
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent
- Licensure as Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) if required by State