Director HIM Coding Operations
CHRISTUS System Office
CORP Revenue Cycle Business-55600
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director HIM Coding Operations Job in Irving
The Director of Health Information Management (HIM) and Coding provides, support, direction, and focus for functions related to HIM operations. This position works collaboratively with the facility HIM departments, hospital leadership, case management, and physicians as well as corporate teams which include Informatics, IM, Revenue Cycle, Patient Financial Services, and Shared Services to establish goals and objectives, identify and direct performance improvement. This position is responsible for supporting adherence to CHRISTUS standards, directives, and regulatory requirements including JCAHO and HIPPA. This position also works to ensure that financial performance objectives are achieved that are related to revenue cycle initiatives. The Director of HIM and Coding is expected to maintain effective professional relationships with other department leadership as appropriate to instruct, share ideas, and implement actions related to HIM functions. This position also acts as a resource available for education, consultation, and implementation of enhanced processes related to HIM functions.
- Ensures areas within health information management are directionally aligned with CHRISTUS Health operational standards including release of health information.
- Works with HIM Directors to establish performance development plans and supports execution of plans.
- Works with CHRISTUS Hospitals and Corporate teams to identify areas for improvement and design processes that will increase knowledge of staff and improve outcomes in service, quality, and accuracy.
- Works with leadership to develop coding and HIM strategies.
- Ensures consistent practices across hospitals within the health system to meet the needs of medical and administrative staff.
- Facilitates design and implementation of software systems, optimization, and maintenance.
- Provides educational programs and in-service training to increase efficiency of operations.
- Responds to organizational and customers needs with innovative programs to ensure service excellence.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and presents performance reports to leadership and others as necessary.
- Responsible for identifying future changes in health care and integrating them into the HIM environment.
- Bachelor degree, medical record science or medical record administration preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of health information management functions including coding and compliance.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge in internal integrity requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to billing rules and compliance.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have strong knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a medical record department of an inpatient facility including 5 years in a managerial capacity.
- Previous project management experience.
- RHIA or RHIT certification required