Director Case Management FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Case Management FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
The Director of Case Management is responsible for assuring that patients seen at CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center (CSVRMC) are done so in as safe, effective and efficient manner as possible as such he/she will work closely and collaboratively with Case Management, Utilization Management, Bed Control, Performance Improvement, Revenue Cycle Departments and members of the Medical Staff.
Implements the practices of:
- Daily patient assessment, review, and proactive discharge planning in collaboration with the case management staff
- Assists in the development and/or modification of standard order sets and pathways
- Conducts utilization management and review
- Participates in a collaborative manner in the monitoring of quality of care measures
- Identifies avoidable days and developing action plans to reduce them
- Promotes the goals, objectives, and benefits of comprehensive case management and coding involvement to the medical staff
- Actively participates and educates physicians to achieve the appropriate level of care
- Actively participates in the development of physician performance measures as it relates to patient throughput on medical/surgical, observations, and critical care areas
- Actively participates in medical necessity denials and appeals
- Actively participates, when consulted, in other activities within scope of expertise.
- Collaborated with hospital clinical managers, plans, organizes and coordinates clinical functions and activities to achieve objectives and facilitates compliance with regulatory requirements
- Mentoring and developing staff on competencies and effectiveness of Case Management
- Monitoring staffing and productivity levels and standards per hospital initiatives.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN required, MSN/MBA preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current licensure in New Mexico for RN applicants. Case Management Certification preferred.
SKILLS: Ability to work collaboratively with patients, physicians, co-workers and community. Ability to function effectively as a member of LeadershipTeam. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to speak Spanish desirable. In addition, the following skills are desirable:
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of database management
- Knowledge of clinical information systems
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Works well in team settings
- Utilization review experience
- Knowledge of managed care
EXPERIENCE: Five years of related experience with performance improvement programs and clinical education, case management, and/or care path implementation, including at least three years of management/supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Five years of clinical nursing experience in a hospital setting. Excellent organization, communication and teaching skills.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
- Bloodborne pathogen -- A -
Limited hazards. Typical office and hospital surroundings. Close contact at least by telephone.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light. Able to operate computer equipment, Standing walking.