Diabetes Educator II - Pedi Endocrinology Job in San Antonio
The RN Diabetic Educator will assess, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the clinical opportunities and strategies for improving staff education and delivery of diabetic patient care. Provide liaison with all multi disciplinary departments and services.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program
- BSN or well on their way of completing a BSN degree within the next two years
- Minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct clinical acute care RN experience managing the care of adults with both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Familiar with insulin pumps preferred
- Current Texas RN license
- Certified Diabetic Educator (CDE) preferred or successful completion of CDE exam within 2 years of hire/transfer date
- BLS certification required – American Heart Association
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.