CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
Education & Training
2602 St Michael Drive- Ste 201B
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Diabetes Educator Job in Texarkana
Responsible for DM instruction, documentation and follow-up on patients identified through physician referral. Conducts quality and effective diabetes self-management education program classes. Accountable for ongoing evaluation of program, performance improvements, physician and patient phone calls/correspondence. Primarily responsible for out-patient appointments. Develops, implements, and evaluates community educational events. Participates in community diabetes screenings. Maintains AADE Recognition Program status.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registered Dietitian or Licensed Dietitian.
- Group presentation skills for teaching
- Familiarity with AADE guidelines and Diabetes Recognition Program protocol.
- Knowledge of Type1, Type2, and gestational diabetes management
- Exposure to teaching patients in MD office or hospital
- 1-3 years direct teaching diabetic patients or teaching medical nutrition therapy in adult and pediatric populations preferred.
- R.D., L.D.,RN required
- BLS certification from American Heart Association