Department Assistant Senior - Surg General Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for coordinating communications of the department through the scheduling of surgical procedures, relaying information to the appropriate person and entering data into the department computer system.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Some college courses completed, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Able to respond promptly and accurately to on-call and emergency situations
- Able to handle multiple duties including multi-line phone system and intercom
- Able to work in a high-volume environment with frequent interruptions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to effectively deal with a variety of customers
- Three years of office experience is required
- One year of previous hospital experience required