Coordinator Patient Accounts
CHRISTUS Pediatric Physician Group
CHPG Central Women's Hlth Care-365AI
315 N. San Saba
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator Patient Accounts Job in San Antonio
Processes and enters charge information into database. Completes billing process and distributes billing information. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. May prepare checks for deposits. Monitors accounts receivable to maintain appropriate levels and reviews payments to maximize reimbursement. Interacts with patients, insurance carriers, the Billing Department and practice personnel concerning patient accounts. Performs all functions in a courteous and professional manner. Assures all appropriate licensure, certifications and/or accreditations are secured according to policy to include all credentialing issues related to the service.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch.
- Knowledge of medical software systems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Three years of accounts receivable experience including two years of experience in a health care organization; one year of experience in a managed care setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Worker's Comp.