Coordinator of Patient Placement
CHRISTUS System Office
Nursing & Nursing Support
800 E. Dawson
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator of Patient Placement Job in Tyler
The Coordinator of Patient Placement is responsible for facilitating all patient transfers into and within the CHRISTUS Health System by telephone coordination between the referring and accepting facilities and initiating referrals and inpatient transfers. This role will operate from the Regional Command Center, and will be responsible for documentation and communication of current transfer status. This ideal candidate will be able to multi-task to coordinate a high volume of phone calls, and possess strong organizational skills to manage medical records and logs. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, government agencies and hospital facilities.
- 2 years in a healthcare setting with direct patient care OR 2 years in a transfer center OR 2 years in an emerency care center OR 4 years in healthcare business setting is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- EMT or LVN preferred
- Prior patient care is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy/data entry skills in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Word, Excel and EMR systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.