Coordinator, Charge Capture
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Ct-30300
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator, Charge Capture Job in San Antonio
This position will be responsible for ensuring that all charges are captured in an appropriate manner. A primary function is to ensure the accuracy and completeness of outpatient charges and supporting documentation to produce compliant patient bills. This person is responsible for corrections and additions of procedural charges based on clinical documentation. This person may also be asked to assist with other special projects related to charge capture and rebilling projects. This person will collaborate with Nurse Auditors, coders, and clinical department managers as needed. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High school graduate of equivalent. Preference to Associate Degree in health-related field or coding certification
- 2 years' experience, preferably working in an ED/Outpatient Coding/Billing setting.
- Experience with charge application and outpatient revenue cycle processes.
- Working knowledge of CPT/HCPC codes, modifiers, and NCCI/bundling edits.
- Experience with Windows application systems and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook).
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Not Applicable