The Meaningful Use (MU) Program Coordinator has responsibility for the management and delivery of the Meaningful Use and REC programs. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for successful planning and execution of all projects related to meaningful use. This includes the coordination, monitoring, and status reporting of all clinical and technological components related to the demonstration of meaningful use across the organization.
- Lead and collaborate across the organization to facilitate the implementation and full adoption of certified EHR technology across the organization.
- Create, implement and monitor a Meaningful Use project methodology working with the PMO and conforming to the PMO standards.
- Oversee the interpretation and definition of the MU regulatory requirements
- Creation of a comprehensive project schedule including future requirements and budget/funding monitoring
- Support and coordination of all MU integrated workgroups; and coordination and communication across the organization.
- Create, implement and monitor yearly Meaningful Use project plans.
- Understands and maintains currency of Meaningful Use regulatory requirements. Understands and maintains currency with the EHR vendor capability and approach to MU requirements. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of the HITECH act.
- Successfully submits meaningful use attestation; maintains accurate Meaningful Use provider records; ensures standard and compliant meaningful use reports
- Develops and maintains the administrative processes in support of Meaningful Use attestation documentation requirements. Ensures all documentation supports audit requirements.
- Work with clinical, operational and information systems teams to implement and optimize clinical systems that support meaningful use initiatives. Supports Clinical Systems in planning and managing projects. Anticipate and plan for overlapping technology or organizational project initiatives.
- Works with the Quality Department to create and implement a Meaningful Use communication plan for providers, health centers and the organization.
- Provides recommendations on implementing and updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the MU program.
- In conjunction with financial management, manage and track the budget and expense. Ensure Meaningful Use program incentive funds are fully reconcile.
- Has understanding our current culture of health care reform, clinical or operational experience in the primary and/or specialty care environments.
- Collaborates with the EMR and Collector Team, SuperUsers, Physician Champions and manager to develop communications to inform organization physicians and non-physician providers of how the Project team is incorporating Meaningful Use measures in the build and workflow.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology, experience supporting end-users in a healthcare environment, familiarity with chart review workflows and processes.
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problems solving skills related to patient care, clinical practice and EMR's
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science/Information Systems, Business Administration preferred). Graduate degree or training in healthcare management, business management, or related field is desirable.
- Ability to effectively converse with and listen to all levels of users, to understand their environment and the impact of system changes, and the ability to record such information accurately and effectively is required.
- Strong analytical abilities, especially with respect to administrative information system projects are required.
- Direct work experience required; experience managing complex implementation projects
- Project management experience preferred
- Past experience building and cultivating effective cross-functional relationships.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Management certification from the Project Management Institute and ongoing, active membership with PMI is a plus.