Compensation Analyst I
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Health Corp Services-68700
919 Hidden Ridge Dr.
Irving, TX 75038
This position is responsible for carrying out the daily activities related to the administration of the CHRISTUS Health compensation program. In addition, the Compensation Analyst participates in the compensation review system efforts in defining enhancements, testing and implementing changes. Reviews job descriptions and assesses appropriate compensation level according to established protocol. Participates in market salary surveys. The Compensation Analyst provides compensation counsel and advice to management, and prepares reports and analyses of data related to compensation. The incumbent also supports HR in reviewing internal salary equity, making appropriate salary placements subject to policy, and reviewing job descriptions in order to gain appropriate market data.
1. Review new and revised job descriptions and research market data to determine a recommended job grade and FLSA classification for positions.
2. Communicate approved salary and wage information for new Associates and various salary actions in accordance to the CHRISTUS Health Compensation Guideline and market.
3. Conduct internal equity analysis and comparisons.
4. Prepare and analyze complex data to make recommendations to management and leadership.
5. Complete thorough documentation of requests for information, job reviews, research and recommendations.
6. Consult with management in developing and updating job descriptions by providing information on the job description format, guidelines for writing job descriptions and procedures for requesting job reviews; review job description drafts and consult with management on final drafts.
7. Provide advice to management on the resolution of classification and salary complaints.
8. Participate in compensation surveys.
9. Perform a variety of complex technical duties in support of compensation data processing systems such as maintaining classification and pay tables, calculation of merit rewards, etc.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.