Community Health Worker
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Community & Social Services
CHRISTUS LA Ministries-41000
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Community Health Worker Job in Alexandria
The ED Navigator/ community health worker is an individual who works to educate and provide outreach to communities and high risk populations. This position serves to lessen health inequities while providing support and advocates for those in the community who need extra help. This individual does not provide patient care and does not extend or substitute for the more specialized services of a doctor, nurse, or social worker.
The ED Navigator will assist non-emergent patients and caregivers to identify barriers and circumstances that led the patient to ED, assisting patients as they navigate the complex healthcare system. The ED Navigator will assist patients in better utilizing the healthcare resources available, and seeking care in the appropriate setting.
The primary source of navigation will occur through telephone calls, but can include face-to-face encounter. The ED navigator will be available for hospital beside visits based on individual patient needs for Healthy Louisiana enrollees admitted to the hospital through a hospital physician or through their primary care provider.
- Associate degree in public health, community health or related field
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong public speaking skills
- Understanding of public health, such as knowledge of health status of populations, health disparities, determinants of health and illness, prevention and health promotion strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community members and other organizations
- Ability to use technology to increase effectiveness of community benefit efforts, including use of web based public health resources in assessment and planning, software for tracking and reporting community benefit and social media to share information about the organization's community benefit work
- Experience carrying out community benefit and/or public health and community health improvement initiatives, particularly assessment and program planning, implementation and evaluation