Supervises activities related to administration of C.O.B. Assists in the research and development in the procedures for claims handling and recovery. Communicates and negotiates claims settlements with physicians, attorneys, and insurance companies.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Inpatient and/or Outpatient coding experience in an acute care setting.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certified Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) (AAPC)