The Coder III role is responsible for the thorough and accurate coding of diseases and procedures of each inpatient record through the use of ICD-10 coding manual. Responsible for retrospective queries to the appropriate physicians for clarification of conflicting and or ambiguous diagnoses. Responsible for thorough knowledge of Chartmaxx work list.
- Ability to work remotely
- Applicants from all time zones are encouraged
- Using ICD-10 codes, assign codes for all diagnoses for each inpatient encounter following establishes coding guidelines and procedures.
- Check computer for status on all patients for whom medical records have not been received for follow-up resolution of patient accounts.
- Query physicians retrospectively and/or concurrently for clarification of conflicting and/or ambiguous diagnosis and follow-up on queried records for completion.
This is a remote position with availability in the following states: Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, and Georgia.
- High school diploma
- 3 years IP coding experience in hospital acute care coding environment and hospital outpatient coding environment
- APC, MS-DRG, and related reimbursement system methodologies
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- 3M encoder, ICD-10 coding manual
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills