The Clinical Pharmacist - Cardiology serves as a service-line champion for inpatient cardiology/CVICU and is a drug therapy expert and resource for medical staff, nursing staff and patients in the Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital and at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler. Pharmacists in this role will work both in decentralized patient care areas and in central pharmacy as needed to provide pharmacy services to assigned units. The pharmacist will also work with pharmacy staff to coordinate education of medical staff, nursing staff and pharmacy staff. Daily duties may include performing pharmacokinetic consults, modifying medication orders according to established protocols, communicating with medical staff to make recommendations to improve drug therapy, attending interdisciplinary rounds, providing patient education, precepting pharmacy students and residents, and responding to medical emergencies.
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Texas.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an accredited program required.
- Completion of PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY-2 in Cardiology preferred) OR 3 years of inpatient clinical pharmacy experience WITH board certification.
- Ability to promote teamwork and build effective relationships.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems (EPIC) and computer-assisted devices.