This is a PRN position. Performs skilled, specialized work in the conduct of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens for processing to operations such as heating, filtering or titrating. Prepares slides as necessary for microscopic analysis. Observes reactions, color changes, or formation of precipitates; studies slides using microscope, or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment. Typically requires technologist designation by ASCP, AMT, HHS, or ISCLT.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's Degree in Laboratory Science.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Hospital Laboratory experience preferred but not required.
- MLT (ASCP) or equivelant preferred upon hire, but must be obtained within three years of hire date.
- Documented evidence of specialty certification and/or additional training.
- Maintain current licensure and provide the hospital with a copy of indicated requirements.