8:30p-6:30a, W-Tu, 7 on 7 off
Clinical Lab Scientist - Laboratory
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health Sys-15100
2600 St. Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Lab Scientist - Laboratory Job in Texarkana
Performs skilled, specialized work in the conduct of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens for processing to operations such as heating, filtering or titrating. Prepares slides as necessary for microscopic analysis. Observes reactions, color changes, or formation of precipitates; studies slides using microscope, or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment. Typically requires technologist designation by ASCP, AMT, HHS, or ISCLT.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in laboratory science.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Hospital Laboratory experience preferred but not required
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent, or must be obtained within one year from hire date.
- Documented evidence of specialty certification and/or additional training.
- Maintain current licensure and provide the hospital with a copy of indicated requirements.