Apply Now Clinical Lab Scientist - Laboratory Job in Beeville
Performs skilled, specialized work in the conduct of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens for processing to operations such as heating, filtering or titrating. Prepares slides as necessary for microscopic analysis. Observes reactions, color changes, or formation of precipitates; studies slides using microscope, or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is designated by the Texas Department of Health as a Level IV Trauma Center, providing 24 hour emergency and intensive care services for critically ill or injured patients, and stabilizing some 16,500 patients in the ER each year. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is licensed for 69 beds and offers Emergency Services, Intensive Care, Medical Surgical Services, Obstetrics, Surgical Services, Critical Care, and Rehabilitation Services. The hospital has three operating rooms; eight same-day surgery rooms; two endoscopy rooms; an expanded recovery area; new cardiopulmonary service area and an expanded outpatient services wing. Women’s Services includes nine birthing suites and a full service nursery, with access to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Beeville, Texas is centrally located between the Texas Hill Country and the Gulf Coast, comprised of small local flare, various eateries, a local community college and small town hospitality.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate from an accredited Clinical Lab Scientist program. MT (ASCP), CLS, or eligible.
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Knowledge of laboratory science, testing, instrument operation, familiarity with computers and laboratory information systems required.
- Knowledge of critical values, quality control principles and procedures, troubleshooting and ability to communicate with medical staff and associates or patients of all ages required.
- Will accept new graduate
- MT (ASCP); CLS (NCA) or eligible