Clinical Director - Med/Surg 5NT Respiratory
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Director - Med/Surg 5NT Respiratory Job in Corpus Christi
Manages the nursing services and staff for a department; ensures quality and full compliance with relevant policies and standards.
The Med/Surg Respiratory unit is a 36-bed unit that provides exceptional care for patients with chest tubes, tracheostomies, laryngectomies, post-op care for various conditions, infections, COPD, pneumonia and other respiratory disorders. We also care for general medical surgical patients. The mix of patients on this floor make it a great starting point for nurses in our Residency Program and for nurses who wish to become Certified in Medical Surgical Nursing and work at the top of their license with this population of rewarding and challenging patients. Our team has transitioned into our state of the art hospital where we have a brand new unit. Currently under development is our 5 North Tower (5NT) Unit Based Council. We value the voice of our team and encourage participation in Shared Governance. The patient to nurse ratio on this unit is 5:1 and on occasion 6:1. We look forward to welcoming you to the 5NT team, where you can practice your passion, establish excellent foundational skills together with the opportunity to specialize in Medical Surgical Nursing.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or related advanced degree in health related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 2 years of healthcare leadership
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS - American Heart Association Additional certifications required in accordance with Registered Nurse certification requirements for the unit(s) the Clinical Director is responsible for.