Child Life Specialist I
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Community & Social Services
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital-30200
333 N Santa Rosa St
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now Child Life Specialist I Job in San Antonio
The Child Life Specialist demonstrates advanced skill and knowledge of the therapeutic process working with children and families; evaluating their development skills and psychosocial needs and providing them with a variety of appropriate and purposeful medical play and developmental experiences that will elevate their quality of life during the health care visit and enhance their personal development. Facilitates child life advocacy through collaboration with other health care providers. Serves as a leader in the department, the hospital, and the community. Assumes responsibility for department function in the absence of the Manager as determined by the Manager.
WORK LOCATION: CHRISTUS Santa Rosa - The Children's Hospital, 333 N. Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78207
- Bachelor's degree in Child Life or related field is required.
- Master's degree in related field is preferred.
- Must have completed a Child Life internship from an accredited Child Life Teaching Program.
- Previous experience working with children required
- Previous experience with therapeutic use of play materials / activities is required.
- Must obtain and maintain child Life certification within 1 year of hire.
- CPR Certification is preferred. CPR Certification is required within 90 days of hire.