Chief Operating Officer
CHRISTUS Spohn Shared Services-25800
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chief Operating Officer Job in Corpus Christi
This COO is responsible for positive relationships and effective communications with executives, directors, Associates, medical staff, sisters, community representatives and board members as appropriate.
The COO develops plans to implement care and services based on community needs and consistent with the CHIRSUTS Spohn Health System (CHS) strategic plan. This position has direct responsibility for Service Excellence Direction inclusive of the satisfaction of all constituencies and the engagement of Medical Staff, Associates and the Community Benefit both in providing services to the underserved and initiatives that provide benefit to the community.
- Advanced Degree in Healthcare strongly preferred; Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with a variety of individuals including physicians, board members, the general public, volunteers and Associates
- Ability to motivate others through a shared vision
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and stressful environment
- Ability to make independent decisions as necessary
- Ability to solve management issues and direct numerous and varied operations
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the necessary programs, goals, policies and objectives that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation
- Extensive knowledge of hospital practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to healthcare
- Progressive career experience as a senior operating officer of a health care facility with experience that is broad-based. Multi-hospital system experience and Catholic health care experience are preferred with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- The ability to interact with physicians and leaders in the business community as necessary. Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, and problem solving, decision-making, and innovation, financial management of operations and stewardship of resources. Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
- Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) preferred