Executive Leader responsible for coaching, guiding, leading, and mentoring hospital Chief Nursing Officers (CNOs) to optimize patient care delivery, nursing, and nurse practice throughout the northern division of CHRISTUS Health. In alignment with system and regional leadership, supports development of vision and direction for quality evidence-based patient-centered care. Fosters a decentralized participative management style for nursing based on a shared governance approach. Encourages innovative leadership at the department level promoting nurses' decision-making control over nurse practice. Recommends or establishes interdisciplinary teams supporting nursing care and patient care services. Nurtures collaborative nurse-physician relationships to provide safe, effective, and efficient patient care while ensuring nurses feel empowered to serve as patient representatives/advocates. Serves as a member of the regional Senior Leadership Teams, consulting with and advising regional executives as appropriate Recommends changes in resource-allocation, policy, facilities, equipment, and programs in order to achieve the hospital's objectives.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required from an accredited university
- Master's Degree in Nursing or other health-related education
- Professional certification and education commensurate with peer leaders at the facility/region.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others in the work environment.
- Ability to perform in a rapidly changing and stressful working environment.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership, the use of the nursing process, and emotional maturity.
- Timely and dependable follow-up on problem resolution.
- Financial skills
- At least five (5) years' experience as a senior nursing leader, preferably in a large Integrated Delivery System, with at least ten (10) years' experience in nursing leadership.
- Reputation as an excellent clinician with a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in one or more nursing specialties with preference of critical care background.
- Experience in organizations with Medical Chief Model structure with direct responsibility in the collaboration with Medical Chiefs of Service.
- Experience with organizations with a service line model.
- Participated in the implementation of an Electronic Medical Record at a hospital and/or IDS.
- Experience in a matrix organization.
- Experience in analyzing competitive healthcare environment and developing and implementing strategic recommendations for improved market share and clinical excellence in a dynamic industry.
- Strong physician and nursing relationship skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and an ability to influence, collaborate with and motivate others.
- Have a thorough knowledge of legal, regulatory, ethical, clinical, managerial, and organizational requirements, principles and standards of care for hospitals and healthcare systems.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with current state licenses for hospitals in division