Chief Medical Officer, CHRISTUS Health Plans
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chief Medical Officer, CHRISTUS Health Plans Job in Irving
The Chief Medical Officer is a key member of the Senior Leadership team, and leads the overall clinical vision for the organization and provides clinical direction to the Pharmacy, Medical Management and Quality. The position provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of affordable quality healthcare services. Responsibilities also include the development and implementation of innovative clinical programs and collaboration with strategic business partners.
Responsible for the development, implementation, and operation of all activities related to medical management consistent with CHRISTUS Health Plan's strategic business objectives. Functional areas of oversight include pre-authorization and utilization review management, case management, disease management programs, pharmacy, clinical and service quality programs, and credentialing committee.
- A current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas.
- Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in his/her respective specialty.
- A minimum of 5 years professional post-residency experience in direct patient care.
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Self-assured and results oriented.
- Experience and demonstrated successful leadership of case management, disease management and/or population health programs.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results.