Chief Medical Officer
CHRISTUS System Office
Corporate Business Unallocated-68800
455 St Michaels Dr
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chief Medical Officer Job in Santa Fe
This position assumes overall accountability for oversight of all medical practices and clinical quality along with related activities within the region. The position functions as the liaison between the facility/regional Medical Staff and Regional CEO. In addition to the regional responsibilities, the Chief Medical Officer will support System-level initiatives as they relate to the region or to CHRISTUS Health on a strategic level. For those System sponsored programs, the CMO will be accountable to the CHRISTUS Health System Senior Vice President, CMO/CMIO. This position is accountable for serving as a catalyst for the development of practice guidelines and care protocols that lead to the achievement of quality biomedical/service outcomes and cost efficiencies. Additionally, the CMO is accountable for continuous quality improvement and clinical loss prevention functions as they relate to clinical practice and patient safety. This position will oversee the care management and quality management functions of the region and actively participates on and contributes to the Quality Management Committee.
- M.D. is required
- Strong leadership, organization, management, communication, negotiation, and analytic skills.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as formal medical leader (medical director, CMO, etc.) with a primary responsibility for quality outcomes.
- Five (5) or more years clinical practice experience.
- Considerable medical experience in one or more branches of medicine or surgery and some administrative experience in a medical department.
- State medical license
- Board Certification by one of the American Boards of Medical Specialties.