Certified Surgical Technician - Surgery
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS SR Hospital-Alamo Hts-36000
403 Treeline Park
San Antonio, TX 78209
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Surgical Technician - Surgery Job in San Antonio
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
WORK LOCATION: CHRISTUS Santa Rosa - Alamo Heights, 403 Treeline Park, San Antonio, TX 78209
ANTICIPATED WORK SCHEDULE: The anticipated work schedule for this position will be 11 a.m. - 07:30 p.m. Scheduling is subject to change based on the department's needs.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of surgical technology program is required.
- A minimum of five years experience is required.
- Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education program AND hold the certification.