Certified Surgical First Asst - Surgical Services - PRN
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital-Alice-25600
2500 E. Main St
Alice, TX 78332
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Surgical First Asst - Surgical Services - PRN Job in Alice
A surgical assistant functions in the role of a second physician, at the operating table. Ideally this individual should be another qualified surgeon or surgical resident. Non-licensed physicians or non-physicians with additional formal training and national certification as a surgical assistant are also acceptable, as deemed appropriate by the primary responsible surgeon, for the type and complexity of the surgical procedure.
- Completion of an accredited Surgical First Assistant Program/Certification through the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, American Board of Surgical Assistants or (CSA) through Texas Medical Board, National Surgical Assistant Association, or American Board of Surgical Assistants.
- Two-five years experience in the operating room preferred.
- Proficient in preoperative practice as both scrub and assistant with diversified operating room experience
- Current First Assistant Certification
- CPR-(American Heart Association)