Certified Surgical First Assist PRN - Surgery
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS SR Hospital-Alamo Hts-36000
403 Treeline Park
San Antonio, TX 78209
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Surgical First Assist PRN - Surgery Job in San Antonio
This is a PRN position.
The surgical first assistant assists the surgeon, under his/her supervision, during the procedure with retraction, skin suturing, tying, hemostasis and other first assistant skills according to AORN standards and practices. Responsible for handling instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Participates in providing quality care by supporting quality improvement initiatives. Has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is on constant watch for maintenance of the sterile field.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduation from accredited Surgical First Assist Program required
- Minimum two years of surgical experience required
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider Certification required.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Certified Surgical Technologist/First Assistant through the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist - National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, American Board of Surgical Assistants or CSA through Texas Medical Board, National Surgical Assistant Association, and American Board of Surgical Assistants within 6 months of hire/transfer date.