Certified Surgical First Assist
Nursing & Nursing Support
CTC Neurosurgical Assoc of TXK-381AS
2602 St. Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Surgical First Assist Job in Texarkana
The Certified First Assistant (CFA) is a Surgical Technician who has received training by a recognized First Assist certification program, and who works to facilitate the safe and effective care of the surgical patient while under the direct supervision of a Surgeon and circulating registered nurse. Competencies include proper demonstration of: 1) safe positioning of the surgical patient. 2) providing visualization of the operative site during procedure. 3) assisting the surgeon in providing hemostasis. 4) assisting with the closure of body planes. 5) Expeditis operative procedure by anticipating the needs of the surgeon. 6) has advanced knowledge of normal and pathological anatomy. 7) and functions during emergency situations.
- LVN - Graduate of a State Board accredited Vocational School of Nursing
- Surgical Tech - Graduate of a School of Surgical Technology required
- LVN/ST - Two years of operating room scrub experience required.
- LVN - Current license or permit to practice LVN nursing in the State of Texas
- CST - Current certification in Surgical Technology required.
- CFA - Certification as a Certified First Assistant (CFA) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or The American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA) is required.
- Currect BLS through AHA