Obtains new prescriptions and prescription refill information (e.g., name, address, and health coverage). Retrieves, counts, and measures drugs. Assists pharmacist in price-checking and restocking of drugs. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer. Refers doctors' calls and any medical questions to pharmacist. May operate a cash register.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal Pharmacy Technician training course preferred. Have knowledge of controlled substance dispensing, general billing process, IV admixture certified or trained, cassette filling, physician order processing, order entry and must know categories of medications.
- Must be able to consistently complete workloads in all areas of pharmacy.
- Prefer experience as hospital pharmacy technician or evidence of satisfactory completion of a formal hospital training program including advanced IV and chemo training.
- Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.