7AM - 7PM
Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute MedSurgical A
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital San Marcos
1301 Wonder World Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute MedSurgical A Job in San Marcos
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities on a nursing unit. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient-focused activities. The patient-focused tasks will be supportive in nature.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic patient care skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to interact professionally with patients, families, physicians, and fellow Associates.
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Patient care experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred.
- Current Texas Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is required.
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) is required.