This position is responsible for professional patient care and assisting the Cardiologist and Radiologist in performing cardiac diagnostic, cardiac interventional and invasive radiology procedures of the cardiac, vascular and circulatory systems. This position utilizes the patient care process to ensure safe and competent quality patient care. The CVT I assists in all procedures performed in the invasive cardiology area and supports the medical care of all patients requiring any cardiac or peripheral catheterization and/or intervention under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the Mission and objectives of the organization.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Completion of an Allied health program is required
- Associates Degree in Allied Health preferred
- Cardiac Cath Lab experience is preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Must be eligible to obtain certification as a Registered Cardiac Intervention Specialist (RCIS) and obtain certification within 2 years (24 months) of hire.
- BLS for Healthcare workers is required
- ACLS is required within 90 days of employment.