This position is responsible for the overall quality of care provided by the cardiovascular technologist's of the department. Plans, coordinates, directs and controls the work performed by the CVT's. Performs standard and complex cardiovascular diagnostic procedures. Works directly with adult and pediatric cardiologists in order to meet the specific requirements of the cardiac catheterziation laboratory.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiological Sciences or Graduate with a degree in Allied Health Science or Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Technologist Associate degree program is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience Cardiac Catheterization procedures is required
- Previous lead/supervisory experience in a Cardiac Catheterization lab is preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Certification as a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist or certifcation as an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Cardiac-Interventional specialist is required.
- BLS for Healthcare Worker is required.
- ACLS certification is required within 90 days of employment.
- PALS certification is required within 90 days of employemnt if caring for pediatric patients