CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now C.N.A.- PRN Job in Alexandria
The Certified Nursing Assistant is qualified to attend to the needs of the patient area, performing duties as indicated by the responsibilities outlined in this job description under the direct supervision of the Unit Charge Nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is trained in the delivery of age appropriate care as per hospital policy. The CNA performs assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
- Collects and reports I/Os to nursing 30 minutes prior to end of shift.
- Completes all assigned baths within the shift assigned -- only with the RN
- Notifies nurse of any significant changes in patient condition within 5 minutes of identification.
- Ambulates and assists patients with ADLs within the assigned timeframe.
- Returns all equipment to SPD by the end of shift.
- Responds to call light within 5-10 minutes.
- Orients patient/family to room.
- Prepares rooms for admissions.
- Positions/turns patients -- With RN
- Cleans/stocks rooms as necessary.
- Sets up suction equipment appropriately.
- Provides appropriate post-mortem care.
- Picks up/delivers items as needed other than controlled drugs.
- Escorts and transports patients as needed.
- Empties linen as necessary.
- Keeps common work areas neat, clean and organized.
- Checks quantity and expiration date of procedure trays.
- Performs temperature checks; cleans and defrosts refrigerator(s) as scheduled.
- Greets patients, families, visitors and staff appropriately.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously.
- Performs finger stick glucose monitoring.
- Discontinues peripheral IV lines as required.
- Certified Nurse Assistant certificate listed on State of Louisiana CNA Registry
- Current CPR Certification