C.N.A - Physical Rehab
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
The Certified Nursing Assistant is qualified to attend to the basic patient care needs performing duties as indicated by the responsibilities outlined in this job description under direct supervision of the unit charge person. The Nursing Assistant is trained in the delivery of age appropriate care by hospital policy. He or she performs assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. ASSISTS NURSING IN CARRYING OUT THE NURSING PLAN OF CARE.
2. Vital signs are completed and reported to nursing within 1 hour of scheduled time.
3. I/O's are collected and reported to nursing 30 minutes prior to end of shift.
4. All assigned baths are completed within the shift assigned.
5. Notifies nurse of any significant changes in patient condition promptly.
6. Ambulates and assists patient with ADLs within assigned time frame including feeding, turning, etc.
7. Monitors for signs of skin breakdown and communicates to nursing staff when indicated.
8. Obtain and record patient weight and height as indicated.
9. Keep patient bed low, locked and side rails up when patient is in bed.
10. Check patient food trays for accuracy. Prepare patient's environment for eating. Assists the patient in preparation to eat their meal, i.e. Sitting up in bed or chair, washing the patient's hands, cleaning the bedside table. Reports patient's intake to nurse. Assists patient with feeding as necessary
11. Cross-trained to perform UNIT SECRETARY Duties (If applicable)
12. PERFORMS CLERICAL DUTIES RELATED TO PROCEDURES, AS THEY RELATE TO THE PATIENT CARE UNIT.
13. Checks food trays within 10 minutes of arrival to floor. (If appropriate for unit.)
14. Ensures that all charts are supplied with appropriate forms for documentation.
15. Relays messages to appropriate caregiver within 5-10 minutes of receiving message.
16. Prioritizes orders in the order entry system in a timely and accurate manner.
17. All reports are posted in a timely and accurate manner.18. Ensures that diet/tube feeding changes are completed and credited every shift. 19. HELPS TO PROMOTE STEWARDSHIP OF RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT OF CARE 20. Returns all equipment to SPD ASAP and at least by the end of shift. 21. Assists with the monitoring of refrigerator / freezer logs. 22. Cleans refrigerator, microwave and other areas when indicated 23. Maintains the integrity of the Pyxis Machine and inventory through pushing the "take" button. 24. is respectful of linen supplies and mindful of appropriate usage of pads, etc. 25. Protects the environment of the patient care area as well as the hospital campus from vandalism and litter. 26. Consistently uses appropriate "scripting' as instructed when communicating with patients and their families. 27. Models service excellence in caring for patients providing "above and beyond" service consistently exceeding patients and families expectations. 28. Strives to anticipate the needs of patients and takes initiative to meets / exceed patient's needs or wishes. 29. Responds to call light promptly. 30. Acts as a "team player" assisting co-workers regularly when time permits.
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications