Business Data Analyst I, M-F 8a-5p
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health Sys-15100
2900 St. Michael Dr.
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Business Data Analyst I, M-F 8a-5p Job in Texarkana
Possesses knowledge of quality improvement principles and statistics commonly used in data extraction, analytics, and performance improvement. Responsible for compiling, producing and analyzing reports and statistical information for DSRIP Administrative Department. Participates in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of data collection, in collaboration with operational teams and external program partners. Responsible for providing data requests, retrieval, analysis, and assists in measuring outcomes, process improvements, and business planning pertaining to DSRIP programs. Responsible gathering and submission of DSRIP program related information (clinical and financial) and other data requests. Responsibility for preparing data required DSRIP monthly reporting. Participate in the analysis, summary and reporting of clinical and administrative data for regulatory purposes. Implements data management plan by conducting audits on patients files, validating data integrity and interpreting results using statistical and data analysis tools. Understands the software application systems (i.e., Strata, Midas+) utilized by hospital for data analytics and reporting. Serves as a team member on assigned projects.
- Associate degree required. Preferably in study of Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
- Basic Computer Knowledge; Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Critical and analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Deadline oriented and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Two or more years of data mining experience.
- Four or more years in a data analyst role, preferably in healthcare.
- Experience in generating reports and performing analysis on data.
- Two years of computer spreadsheet, database and word processing experience (Excel, Access and Word)
- Experience in utilization of decision support software applications. Preferably Strata Decision Support Technology and Midas Health Analytics applications.