The role of Patient Account Specialist is to provide collection/reimbursement services for CHRISTUS TLRA. This involves performing collection activities related to follow-up and account resolution, and includes communication to patients, clients, reimbursement vendors, and other external entities, while adhering to all client, state and federal guidelines. The ability to work effectively with all types of people and resolve issues is critical. Patient and client satisfaction is essential. Associates in the collection units are expected to have knowledge of the overall collection work processes for the active AR unit as well as the Bad Debt unit.
- Provides effective collection services, ensuring the successful recovery of accounts in accordance with client and state guidelines and TLRA's business objectives.
- Documents and updates patient account information in TLRA's collection software system timely and accurately.
- Handles inbound patient account calls promptly and professionally, providing assistance and resolution to account inquiries, issues, and requests.
- Reviews account information for appropriate status in TLRA's collection system.
- Makes an accurate decision when identifying non-self pay accounts by transferring accounts to appropriate work unit and documenting account information in the collection system.
- Uses collection tools effectively to ensure quality recovery services and meet or exceed established goals and work standards.
- Performs research and analysis of account issues, and strives to resolve problems timely and accurately.
- Demonstrates effective team relations with other members.
- Promotes positive patient relations by communicating in a manner that demonstrates respect for the human dignity of patients and/or their families.
- Performs other special projects as required as assigned.
- High School diploma with a minimum of five years experience performing collection functions, preferably in a healthcare or patient care environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of healthcare collections and reimbursement practices required.
- Bilingual required: Spanish and English
- Must be able to work in a team environment, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with internal and external clients and customers at all levels.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required.
- Knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel is essential.
- Professional appearance, excellent verbal communication and time management skills is a requirement.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work independently with minimal supervision.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: