Assistant to COO
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Assistant to COO Job in Irving
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and COO, the Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the COO. The Assistant also serves as a liaison to senior management teams in US and international operations; organizes and coordinates both recurring and specific meetings; and oversees special projects. The Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and fast paced. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Vice President & COO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings. Acts as central point person for coordination of international travel for CEO Cabinet and board members.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the COO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the COO's time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the COO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the COO's office and divisional units, ministries/facilities and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff. Ability to work with colleagues who are not native English speakers required.
- Works closely and effectively with the COO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the COO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the COO.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including preparing acknowledgement letters, board and committee presentations and reports as well as personnel correspondence, and other tasks as needed.
- Manages process and materials relevant to current projects. Significant work is required for board level preparations.
- Maintains interaction with other CHRISTUS teams and regions integrating long-range plans and initiatives into key future assumptions.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry highly preferred
- At least 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a health care system
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office products; i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint