Armed Security Officer - Security
CHRISTUS System Office
1311 General Cavazos Blvd
Kingsville, TX 78363
Share This Job On
Apply Now Armed Security Officer - Security Job in Kingsville
The Armed Security Officer's duties include being a visible detterent to criminal activity, providing security for patients, associates and visitors, protecting and patrolling hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned. The Armed Security Officer is responsible for responding to all emergency codes, internal/external disaster events as needed and/or requested, conducting preliminary investigations of reported incidents, and performing other security related tasks as directed by a security supervisor.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff, patients and visitors, especially under difficult circumstances.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with regard to laws, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated competence with hand gun, hand cuffs, baton, non-crisis intervention certification and two-way radios.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Must be able to handle personal stress and possible violence
- Minimum two (2) years of armed security experience required, which may substituted by equivalent Honorable Military Service.
- Previous Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- Requires an active level three security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) in Texas.
- New Hires who have completed the security commission course with (TDPSPSB) must be eligible to process and obtain their security commission within 90 days of employment date and may not wear their weapon on duty until all of the following requirements have been met:
- the officer's commission card is active,
- the officer's commission card is in the possession of the security officer and
- the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- Must posses a valid drivers' license.
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days of hire.
- Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training must be completed prior to letter of authorization to carry is issued.
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one year of full time employment.
- Will be required to submit to random drug test screening, per the Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must be completed (online or in seat):
- IS -- 100.c
- IS -- 200.b
- IS -- 230.d
- IS -- 700.b
- IS -- 200.HCA
- IS -- 907