Applications Analyst II - Health and Wellness
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
2600 St. Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Applications Analyst II - Health and Wellness Job in Texarkana
The Application Analyst II is assigned to the Health & Wellness Service Line. This position provides support and project implementation services for clinical applications related all physician services (in the hospitals, clinics, physician practices) and clinical non-acute entities as outlined in the CHRISTUS Application Portfolio. Support responsibilities include Tier I, Tier2 and Tier 3 application support of medium to high complexity for a large portfolio of acute and non-acute clinical applications for a large, multi-regional Healthcare System. Support responsibilities include Incident, Request, Change and Problem management support following the outlined ITIL processes. This position works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting other team members while providing quality support users with a focus on customer service and timeliness. Project implementation responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the analysis, testing, and documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complexity assigned application with minimal guidance. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Provides/coordinates resolution of issues while recommending procedures and controls for problem prevention, escalation, etc.
- Follows the outlined Service Management Processes including issue/request SLA and SEV1 and 2 application outages.
- Responsible for thorough documentation within call tracking database and knowledge database to document work around or resolution of frequent incidents to enhance quality of problem resolutions for future incidents.
- Coordinates code changes with appropriate vendor related to financial and business application issues.
- Collaborates with Technical Team to identify and infrastructure related issues that have resulted in application issues.
- Aggressively manages personal workload related to open issues and service requests to ensure agreed upon SLA's are met.
- Collaborates with application users around needed changes to applications to meet business needs performing testing of changes as needed
- Provides advice, guidance, and informal training to users of supported applications.
- Assist users with optimizing the use of assigned applications through dictionary or table changes.
- Demonstrates increasing technical knowledge of the assigned application including relationships of infrastructure and impact to user if unavailable.
- Demonstrates strong communication, human relationship skills, while maintaining and demonstrating good teamwork through actions and job performance.
- Set priorities, plans and manages a diverse set of tasks.
- Provides effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned courses within Healthstream, other electronic tracking tools for educational related material or attend presentations in person as assigned. Ensuring the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department.
- Responsible for providing the technical skills and business knowledge necessary for continuous technological innovation, creative use and on-going support of the assigned systems and technologies.
- Responsible for understanding the business and operational capabilities of the information technology that he/she works with.
- Ensure that the systems are used in line with the customers' needs. He/she must maintain contact with vendors and the appropriate levels of departmental, corporate, and user management, to exchange information and ensure the proper adherence to the organization's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for post-implementation support of applications and strategies that will further the organization's business and healthcare delivery success.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- Required to work outside of normal working hours during on-call rotation or during significant outages.
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems and on-call rotation.
- Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing formal or informal training session for users and co-workers
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the assigned application. Perform the debugging, testing and support of applications during the implementation life cycle.
- Assist customers with optimizing the use of assigned application and specific project-driven tasks with guidance or assistance from Business-Financial Analyst II or III.
- Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by Project Manager or Resource Manager.
- Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned.
- With supervision, define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple projects. With guidance develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree or combined equivalent hands-on experience (3 years) with at least one IT system/application.
- Possess an understanding of and/or experience in the following:
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Patience, strong customer service skills
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Detail oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Six (6) years of combined education and experience with in an information technology system discipline, which includes four (4) years of experience in an implementation role, two (2) years of which are in a healthcare information technology system discipline.
- Four (6) years of experience with in an information technology system discipline, which includes successful completion of the IM Career Path Development Program in an Application Analyst, Clinical Service Line role.
- Relevant Bachelor degree may substitute for relevant years of experience.