The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the accounting processes within TLRA, which encompasses financial performance reporting services, including but not limited to accounts payable and accounts receivable. TLRA is a healthcare revenue cycle enhancement and collection agency managing $750,000,000-$850,000,000 in receivables outsourcing for 30+ acute care hospitals as well as other healthcare related entities such as medical groups, physician practices, clinics, and so on. Critical functions for this position include oversight and management of the accounts receivable, general ledger, cash management activities, expense and revenue tracking, month end close processes and reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and financial statement(s) generation and reporting for each of these entities. Additionally this role is expected to coordinate and mange all TLRA accounting activities that funnel to CHRISTUS Health Corporate Accounting and the Meditech Accounting Platform. This position will also be responsible for assisting with the annual budget, maintaining policies and procedures, and assisting with any Accounting/Finance project that may arise for TLRA or CHRISTUS Health. This position will further maintain statistical analysis and performance reporting associated with each of TLRA's clients. Additionally the Accounting Manager will be responsible for oversight of the CHRISTUS Health McKesson Archival and Meditech 5.5 project consisting of receivables posting, external vendor invoice management and reconciliations, ensuring appropriate reporting to Corporate Reimbursement, and General Ledger reconciliation for each CHRISTUS Region associated with the HBOC and Meditech 5.5 archival. This position communicates with various teams and clients throughout the System as well as all external clients. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people is critical. Timeliness, accuracy, and the ability to prioritize multiple processes and meet critical deadlines are essential.
- Perform month end trust accounting functions including all financial statement(s) generation and reconciliations.
- Responsible for reconciliation of monthly bank statement
- Review and audit accuracy of transition journals and daily posting reports
- Responsible for completion of cash management functions
- Perform standard report and balancing of monies posted to TLRA's accounts receivable ledger
- Perform and oversee the creation/generation of statistical analyses of TLRA's performance outcomes, trends, and opportunities per client.
- Responsible for monthly review and problem resolution of accounts receivable
- Review accounts payable coding/approvals, and A/R receipts to ensure proper GL coding on all check requisitions and client invoicing
- Maintain source documents and accounting information in an organized and efficient manner
- Analysis of monthly financial statements
- Prepare process and distribute standard performance reports and supplemental schedules to accompany Financial Statements within the required time frame
- Design spreadsheets to report financial information
- Ensure timely handling of all McKesson archived inventory housed in the CUBS 808 logon. This consists of but not limited to oversight of receivables posting, refund processing, providing cost reporting data, management of external vendor invoices, and general ledger reconciliations with each CHRISTUS Region.
- GL account analysis and monthly account reconciliations
- Variance explanations
- Departmental expense analysis
- Review, audit and create journal entries as needed for GL preparation and reconciliation
- Prepare and review client statements to ensure accuracy of information reported
- Maintain departmental policy and procedures.
- Assist Management with annual budget preparation
- Coordinate and complete the processes necessary to document and maintain support records for reporting of unclaimed monies as required by the State
- Responsible for performing research and analysis associated with information requests from management, Corporate Accounting, clients, customers, and auditors
- Supervise/manage/direct selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- College degree in business discipline required, Accounting or Finance major preferred
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)active licensure required
- Advanced computer and spreadsheet skills including Excel, Word, Access and Crystal Reporting
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, computer generated performance reports and legal documents
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively interface with customers
- Must be able to initiate projects, follow through, achieve outcomes, and work independently
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Five plus years experience in Accounting with general ledger and financial statement analysis preferred
- Experience evaluating budgets and prior period variance
- Prior supervisory/management experienced preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: