CHRISTUS Health 909 Building-68611
909 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Accountant I Job in Irving
Assist Manager of Accounting and Director of Finance with accounting functions including reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries as needed.
- Assist with financial statements and comparative reports.
- Assist with monthly close of all practices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with independent auditor information requests for interim and year-end audit.
- Assist with preparation of federal, state and other governmental reports such as annual tax returns, ERISA reports, and sales tax reports.
- Assist with ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and supported by valid detail.
- Assist with compliance with all external arrangements (leased Associates, billing arrangements, etc.).
- Provides various practice reporting as requested by Manager of Accounting and Director of Finance.
- Assists with accuracy and completeness of fixed assets and records, including depreciation and amortization.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Provider Network's cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
-Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 0-1year experience
-Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite of Applications
-Excellent organizational skills
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Experience in a deadline-oriented, multi-tasking environment
-Maintenance of supporting documentation and audit trails
-Seeking to study and sit for CPA Exam-Preferred